The Danube Delta by boat & bike
Round trip from Bucharest from EUR 1149
Moors and grasslands, forests and lagoons, lakes and dunes and the Black Sea: The UNSECO World Natural Heritage Site is one of Europe’s largest preservation areas, hosting more than 5000 species of plants and animals. You will receive expert guidance while you cycle through this unique landscape – a comfortable towed barge and a 4* hotel in the harbour town Tulcea are your starting points. Due to the unpaved paths a certain degree of fitness is required for the tour "The Danube Delta by boat & bikee". Here you can find some details about the boat-hotel.
Day 1 Arrival Bucharest
You will be picked up at the airport at 2 pm and then drive to Tulcea in the Danube Delta. Embarkation and dinner on board.
Day 2 Nufaru - Sfantu Gheorghe, 31 km / 19 mi
Bike tour through the nature reserve of the Bestepe Hills, a labyrinth of canals, islands and dense forests.
Day 3 Tour to Kilometre 0, 25 km / 16 mi
Cycle along the coast of the Black Sea to the estuary of the Danube, marked by the Sulina lighthouse.
Day 4 Gulf of Musura - Crisan, 23 km /14 mi
The Musura bay is a paradise for birds. The fishing villages with their traditional clay and reed huts are idyllic.
Day 5 Boat trip in the Danube Delta
Today you will experience the rich animal and plant life of the Danube Delta from aboard the ship. Around 30 different eco systems have been found here.
Day 6 Round trip in the Dobruja region, 26 km / 16 mi
The orthodox monasteries Celic Dere and Saon are located in midst of the soft hilly landscape. Beautiful vineyards will get you in the mood to sample local wines.
Day 7 Bike Tour to Cape Dolosman, 42 km / 26 mi
The Roman ruins of Argamum and the medieval fortress of Enisala are the highlights of your tour today.
Day 8 Transfer to Bucharest airport and departure
You will take a bus back to the capital. Arrival at the airport around 2 pm. Here end your vacacions "The Danube Delta by boat & bike".
Included in "The Danube Delta by boat & bike":
- 5 nights aboard the barge
- 2 nights in a 4* guest house in Tulcea
- full board (7x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7x dinner)
- bike guide & wildlife guide
- group size 12-20 people
- the barge is accompanied by a bus and a boat
- detailed travel documents in english
- transfer from/to Bucharest
- rental bicycle helmet
- optional rental bike
- comfortable and cosy barge with restaurant and large sun deck with ample seating. The cabins are approximately 9 sqm and offer shower/WC. The lounge has air-conditioning.
- comfortable 4* guest house with air-conditioned rooms, located approx. 10 minutes on foot from Tulcea’s market square.
we offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 24-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock.
Travel time 2022:
- 19.04. + 04.05. + 15.05. + 24.05.
02.06. + 13.06. + 23.08.
02.09. + 12.09. + 19.09. + 01.10.
- Minimum number of participants: 12. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 4 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed cabin/room 19.04. + 01.10.||1149 EUR|
|1-bed cabin/room 19.04. + 01.10.||1579 EUR|
|2-bed cabin/room, further dates||1409 EUR|
|1-bed cabin/room, further dates||1839 EUR|
|rental bike||94 EUR|
|extra night in Bucharest|
double room, 4*
|extra night in Bucharest|
single room, 4*
- booking code "The Danube Delta with Boat & Bike":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival to "The Danube Delta by boat & bike":
Arrival at Bucharest Airport:
2 pm transfer by bus to Tulcea, duration approx. 4 h.
Arrival by bus transfer at Bucharest approx. 2 pm; please don't make a reservation for a flight before 4 pm.
You can always take your own bike with you. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded twice a day with many others on and off the ship and damage can not be ruled out. A liability for this can not be assumed. We advise you to book one of the good rental bikes.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.