Danube cycle path with boat & bike
Passau - Vienna with MS Swiss Crown from EUR 899
On this varied tour by bike and ship along the Danube, you will experience both rural Austria - the Danube valley, Strudengau and Wachau regions - and the effervescent capital cities of Vienna and Bratislava. The starting point of your journey "The Danube cycle path with boat & bike" is the Bishop's city of Passau with its historical town centre and the impressive Oberhaus fortress. This tour along the Danube with the MS Swiss Crown can wholeheartedly be recommended both to novices and experienced riders.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at approx. 4:00 pm, boat trip into the sunset through the Danube valley.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Brandstatt, approx. 45 km/28 mi
Visit the Engelhartsszell monastery before cycling through the awe-inspiring Danube Gorge at the Schlögen Loop.
Day 3 Brandstatt - Linz, approx. 26 km/16 mi
In Ottensheim and Wilhering beer gardens of local breweries await your visit, before you’re off to Linz which offers great museums and the Pöstlingberg hill.
Day 4 Mauthausen - Grein, approx. 35 km/22 mi
Today you will cycle across the large plateau of the Machland region. The Celtic village near Mitterkirchen and the small Baroque town of Grein are worth a visit.
Day 5 Tulln - Vienna, approx. 35 km/22 mi
You’ll cycle through Klosterneuburg and the Roman city of Tulln to reach the former Royal and Imperial metropolis Vienna. In Tulln it is worth visiting the GARTEN Tulln, Europe's first ecological garden show.
Day 6 Discovering Vienna
Go shopping on the Mariahilfer Straße, or relax in a wine tavern in Nußdorf. Vienna’s Imperial Palace, Castle Schönbrunn, the Prater and the Danube Island: there is lots to explore.
Day 7 Wachau, approx. 39 km/24 mi
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region and the magnificint Melk monastery are all stops along today’s tour.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Around 11:00 am we will be arriving in Passau where the tour "The Danube cycle path with boat & bike" concludes.
Here are the details on MS Swiss Crown:
Included in "The Danube cycle path with boat & bike":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 7 x dinner, three-course meal
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- welcome cocktail
- gala dinner
- farewell cocktail
- onboard musicians
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional Guided Cycling Package
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 14 square metres (151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- movable ground-level beds
- individually adjustable air-conditioning
- windows on middle deck can be opened
- cabins on upper deck with balcony
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Guided Cycling Package:
- This package can be booked in addition for anyone who likes guided tours:
- Dates for the "Guided Cycling Package":
10.06. + 08.07. + 23.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 10, maximum number of participants: 18
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
29.04. + 27.05. + 10.06. + 17.06. + 24.06.
01.07. + 08.07. + 15.07. + 22.07. + 29.07.
19.08. + 26.08. + 09.09. + 23.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 90. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 4 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed-cabin standard||899 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin comfort||1079 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin superior||1279 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin standard||999 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin comfort||1179 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin superior||1379 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin standard||1099 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin comfort||1279 EUR|
|2-bed-cabin superior||1479 EUR|
|2-bed cabin standard|
|+ 55 %|
|children 0-2,9 years||100 %|
|children 3-11,9 years|
in a standard cabin
with 2 adults
|- 30 %|
|children 3-11,9 years|
in a standard cabin
with 1 adult
|- 10 %|
|Guided Cycling Package||209 EUR|
|rental bike||90 EUR|
|private bike||30 EUR|
|private e-bike||40 EUR|
- booking code "The Danube cycle path with boat & bike":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival to "The Danube cycle path with boat & bike":
- Parking in Passau:
- 75 EUR , fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 87 EUR , roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents
Arrival in Passau via train:
The railway station is about 15 minutes from the quay on foot.
Arrival in Munich via train:
Transfer Munich Main St.-Passau one way (1-8 persons): 240 EUR
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 25 EUR
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 200-250 EUR
Transfer Munch-Passau one way (1-8 persons): 260 EUR
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.