The Danube - by boat and bike
Passau & Budapest - MS Prinzessin Katharina from EUR 799
The tour “Danube - by boat and bike” is a very laid-back river cruise, that can be actively enhanced by optional bike tours along the way. A lot of time is set aside for the exploration of three European capitals: Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest. By bike you will be discovering the perhaps most beautiful stretches along the river Danube: the Danube valley, the Wachau region, the Danube wetlands at Devin and the Danube’s knee. Aboard the ship you can book several optional guided tours or excursions. This boat and bike tour along the Danube is perfectly suited for both seasoned cyclists and new enthusiasts. Couples or groups are free to organise their days to suit their needs and interests. Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS Prinzessin Katharina.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at 4 pm, departure to Engelhartszell at approx. 7 pm.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Brandstatt, approx. 46 km/28 mi
You will be cycling through the romantic Danube valley, where the Schlögener Schlinge distinctly stands out. Afterwards, the boat will take you to Bratislava, where you will arrive at around lunchtime on the following day.
Day 3 Bratislava
Discover the small turbulent Slovak capital on today's day. You can enjoy a magnificent panoramic view from the Pressburg or explore the city by bike. Night drive to Budapest.
Day 4 Budapest or Szentendre, approx. 48 km/30 mi
Today, you can cycle to the lively artist’s town of Szentendre. Or, why not explore the hungarian capital. This will be followed by an overnight boat trip to Visegrád.
Day 5 Visegrád - Esztergom, approx. 27-60 km/17-37 mi
Today you can choose between different routes. They will take you through famous landmarks such as the Danube’s knee or the King’s palace and basilica. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Vienna.
Day 6 Vienna
Vienna is perfectly suited to be discovered on a bike - but obviously, other options are also available. Followed by an overnight boat trip to the Wachau region.
Day 7 Wachau - Pöchlarn, approx. 40-49 km/25-30 mi
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region and the magnificint Melk monastery are all stops along today’s tour. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Passau.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Around 11:00 am we will be arriving in Passau where the tour "The Danube - by boat and bike" concludes.
Here are the details on MS Prinzessin Katharina:
Included in your package "The Danube - by boat and bike":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- welcome cocktail
- gala dinner
- farewell cocktail
- daily live music
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 11 sqm (118 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- beds with level access
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- upper deck cabins with French balcony
- main deck cabins with non opening panoramic windows
- 1 upper deck cabin offer a third bed for 3rd person (max. 80 kg/176 lbs)
- eco cabins: during sailing and manoeuvres the engine sounds can be more audible here
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
15.04. + 29.04. + 10.06. + 24.06.
08.07. + 22.07. + 05.08. + 23.09.
- minimum number of participants: 80. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|15.04. + 07.10.|
|2-bed eco-cabin||799 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||899 EUR||1099 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1199 EUR||1399 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||899 EUR|
|29.04. + 23.09.|
|2-bed eco-cabin||899 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||999 EUR||1199 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1299 EUR||1499 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||999 EUR|
|2-bed eco-cabin||999 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||1099 EUR||1299 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1399 EUR||1599 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||1099 EUR|
|double cabin for single occupancy||+50 %|
|3. person under 13 years||-20 %|
|rental bike||80 EUR|
Arrival to "The Danube - by boat and bike":
- Parking in Passau:
- 75 €, fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 87 €, roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents
Arrival in Passau via train:
The railway station is about 15 minutes from the quay on foot.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 35
Rental car, one way per vehicle: EUR 200-250
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.