Athletic Danube Bike Path
6 days / 5 nights with return transfer from 419 €
For those who feel intense joy at the thought of cycling mile after mile, the Danube Bike Path is the perfect choice. The paths are perfect, the landscape is diverse and magnificent, there are countless country inns and snack-bars and at the end of your journey the pulsating metropolis Vienna awaits you. Indulge yourself and enjoy cycling your 80 kilometres a day. Based loosely on the words on German humorist Loriot: A life without a bike is possible, but pointless.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it.
Day 2 Passau - Brandstatt, approx. 70 km/44 mi
The Danube Valley becomes tight, high and steep, the Schlögener Meander is especially impressive.
Day 3 Brandstatt - Grein, approx. 85 km/53 mi
Linz invites you to take an extended break, from there you will cycle leisurely through the Machland area
Day 4 Grein - Krems, approx. 85 km/53 mi
The Strudengau and Wachau regions are the perfect backdrop four your cycle tour. Don't forget to stcok up on wine at the countless wineries.
Day 5 Krems - Vienna, ca. 80 km/50 mi
The Roman town Tulln is worth a longer break. From here you can spontaneously take the train at any time.
Day 6 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. But why not extend your athletic tour along the Danube Bike Path in Vienna?
Prices & Dates
Included in your package "Athletic Danube Bike Path":
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Vienna,
1 piece p.p., 23 kg/ item (50 lbs/ item)
- return transfer by train excl. bike,
08.04. - 21.10.
- return transfer by bus or by train,
29.04. - 22.09., please reserve with your original booking,
personal bikes are included by bus transfer
- entrance Stift Dürnstein
- voucher Konditorei Hagmann
- ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel in Vienna
- travel documents and maps in english
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 08.04. to 21.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 419 € saver price
07.10. - 21.10..
- 479 € basic price
08.04. - 28.04. + 23.09. - 06.10.
- 569 € seasonal price
29.04. - 22.09.
- 160 € single room surcharge
- 90 € rental bike
- 200 € e-bike
- -28 € discount, no return transfer
- 55 € additional night in Passau, double room, B&B
- 80 € additional night in Passau, single room, B&B
- 70 € additional night in Vienna, double room, B&B
- 95 € additional night in Vienna, single room, B&B
- booking code "Athletic Danube Bike Path":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to "Athletic Danube Bike Path":
- Parking in Passau:
There are many long-term parking spots available at Passau train station and on the outskirts of Passau. They are multi-storey car parks, individual garages or fenced in parking spots. Costs approx. 45-70 €/week. You can find further information in the travel documents.
- Arrival in Passau via train:
From the train station to the hotels in the old town it takes about 15 minutes on foot. The hotels in the Inn district are approx. 2,5 kilometers from the train station. We recommend taking a taxi, costs approx. 7 €.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 3 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 30 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 100-130 €
Arrival at Vienna airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 310 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 3 hours.
Taxi Schwechat airport to Vienna Central Station: approx. 35 € for up to 4 passengers
Train ticket price per person: approx. 60 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 250-400 €
Return by Minibus (included 29.04. - 22.09.):
Collection at hotel, departure approx. 8-9 am, duration approx. 4 hours, must be booked together with holiday. The transfer Vienna-Passau can also take place at the beginning of the trip.
- Return transfer by train (included):
Good connections via Vienna main train station (Wien Hauptbahnhof), change trains 1x, duration approx. 2,5 - 3 hours. You must reserve own bikes several days in advance (not included). The transfer Vienna-Passau can also take place at the beginning of the trip.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.