Cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube
The Danube river aboard MS SE-Manon from EUR 999
The cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube is a very laid-back river cruise, that can be actively enhanced by optional bike tours along the way. A lot of time is set aside for the exploration of three European capitals: Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest. By bike you will be discovering the perhaps most beautiful stretches along the river Danube: the Danube valley, the Wachau region, the Danube wetlands at Devin and the Danube’s knee. Aboard the ship you can book several optional guided tours or excursions. This boat and bike tour along the Danube is perfectly suited for both seasoned cyclists and new enthusiasts. Couples or groups are free to organise their days to suit their needs and interests.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS SE-Manon.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau, boat trip
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation from 4 pm, from 7 pm departure into Danube Valley.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Untermuehl, approx. 36 km/22 mi
You will be cycling through the romantic Danube valley, where the Schlögener Schlinge distinctly stands out. Afterwards, the boat will take you to Bratislava, where you will arrive at around breakfast on the following day.
Day 3 Round trip Bratislava, approx. 52 km/32 mi
Today’s bike tour features a lot of natural beauty and sights well worth visiting, such as the Hainburg, Devin or Hof Castle. Or you can choose to explore the Slovakian capital instead. Throughout the night, the boat will take you to Budapest.
Day 4 Round trip Szentendre, approx. 48 km/30 mi
Today, you can cycle to the lively artist’s town of Szentendre. Or, why not explore the hungarian capital. This will be followed by an overnight boat trip to Visegrád.
Day 5 Visegrád - Esztergom, approx. 27-60 km/17-37 mi
Today you can choose between different routes. They will take you through famous landmarks such as the Danube’s knee or the King’s palace and basilica. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Vienna.
Day 6 City tour by bike
Vienna is perfectly suited to be discovered on a bike - but obviously, other options are also available. Followed by an overnight boat trip to the Wachau region.
Day 7 Wachau - Pöchlarn, approx. 40-59 km/25-37 mi
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region and the magnificint Melk monastery are all stops along today’s tour. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Passau.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Around 10:00 am we will be arriving in Passau where the "Cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube" concludes.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS SE-Manon:
Included in "Cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 7 x dinner, three-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- welcome drink
- farewell gala dinner
- goodbye cocktail
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 14 sqm (114 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- beds with level access
- individually regulated air conditioning
- upper deck cabins with french balcony
- middle deck cabins with opening panoramic windows
- main deck cabins with non opening windows
- middle and upper deck are connetcted by elevator
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on fridays
- Minimum number of participants: 90. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 999 EUR main deck, 28.04.
- 1199 EUR main deck, further dates
- 1199 EUR middle deck, 28.04.
- 1299 EUR middle deck, further dates
- 1299 EUR upper deck, 28.04.
- 1399 EUR upper deck, further dates
- main and middle deck:
+ 50% double cabin, single occupancy
- - 20% 2nd person under 13 years
- 80 EUR rental bike
- 190 EUR e-bike
- booking code "Cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival "Cycle tour and boat trip on the Danube":
- Parking in Passau:
- 75 €, fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 87 €, roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents.
Arrival in Passau via train:
From the railway station to the Schiffslände Passau-Lindau it is about 4 kilometres. We recommend you take a taxi.
Price per taxi approx. 15 €
Alternatively by bus no. 3, departure at the bus station (ZOB).
Price per person approx. 2,50 €
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 50
Rental car, one way per vehicle: EUR 200-250
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded on and off the ship twice a day with many others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.