Cycle Tour Austrian Danube
6 days / 5 nights with return transfer from 409 €
This purely Austrian bike tour on the Danube begins in the provincial capital of Linz, which has reinvented itself from its industrial roots. Today, it is a modern and inviting university city with lots of culture. You’ll cycle through three stunning regions – from the vast Machland into the wild Strudengau and on to the lovely Wachau. Let the local winemakers pamper you with excellent wines and the famous apricots. Finally, the metropolis of Vienna awaits you - from the Albertina Museum to the zoo at Schönbrunn Palace. This cycle tour on the Danube is suitable for all.
Day 1 Arrival in Linz
As the former European Capital of Culture, Linz has a lot to offer. Discover the historic city centre and the modern museums or enjoy the view from the Pöstlingberg.
Day 2 Linz - Ardagger/Grein, approx. 60 km/37 mi
Explore the ancient Enns; after cycling through the Machland area, Castle Greinburg and the charming small town Grein await you.
Day 3 Ardagger/Grein - Spitz region, approx. 70 km/44 mi
While the Struden- and Niebelungengau landscapes are rough, the Baroque Abbey Melk is beautiful and mellow.
Day 4 Spitz region - Traismauer, approx. 40 km/25 mi
Take your time to explore the Wachau Region, where one idyllic wine village comes after the next.
Day 5 Traismauer - Wien, approx. 65 km/40 mi
The Roman town Tulln is worth a longer break. From here you can spontaneously take the train at any time.
Day 6 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your cycle tour from Linz to Vienna?
Prices & Dates
Included in your package "Cycle Tour Austrian Danube":
- 5 overnight stays, B&B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Vienna, 1 piece p.p., 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- entrance Stift Dürnstein
- shopping voucher Konditorei Hagmann
- ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel in Vienna
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS data
- return transfer by train excl. bike
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category L:
Selected hotels at the international 3*/4* level as per Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 08.04. to 21.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 409 € saver price
07.10. - 21.10.
- 479 € basic price
08.04.-28.04. + 23.09.-06.10.
- 509 € seasonal price
29.04. - 22.09.
- 160 € single room surcharge
- 90 € rental bike
- 200 € e-bike
- -18 € discount, no return transfer
- 75 € additional night, DBL, incl. breakfast
- 100 € additional night, SGL, incl. breakfast
- booking code "Cycle Tour Austrian Danube":
- how you can save some money
- Discount in the room of two adults
- 00-06 years: 100 %
- 07-11 years: 50 %
- 12-14 years: 25 %
- 15-17 years: 10 %
Parking in Linz:
Underground car park at the station. Costs from approx. 45 €/week. No reservation possible. You can find further information in the travel documents.
- Arrival in Linz via train:
The hotels are approximately 1,5 kilometres from the train station. By foot approx. 15 min or by taxi, costs approx. 6-9 €.
Arrival at Vienna airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 184 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 1,5 hours.
Taxi Schwechat airport to Vienna Central-Station: approx. 35 € for up to 4 passengers
Train ticket price per person: approx. 45 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 100-150 €
Return transfer by train (included):
Good connections via Vienna main train station (Wien Hauptbahnhof), change trains 1x, duration approx. 1,5 hours. You must reserve own bikes several days in advance (not included).
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.