Passau - Budapest by boat and bike
Experience the Danube river on MS Vivienne from EUR 999
The tour “Passau - Budapest by boat and bike” is a very laid-back river cruise, that can be actively enhanced by optional bike tours along the way. A lot of time is set aside for the exploration of three European capitals: Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest. By bike you will be discovering the perhaps most beautiful stretches along the river Danube: the Danube valley, the Wachau region, the Danube wetlands at Devin and the Danube’s knee. Aboard the ship you can book several optional guided tours or excursions. This boat and bike tour along the Danube is perfectly suited for both seasoned cyclists and new enthusiasts. Couples or groups are free to organise their days to suit their needs and interests. Find information about the new and comfortable cruise ship MS Vivienne here.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at approx. 4 pm, departure to Engelhartszell at 6 pm.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Aschach, approx. 42 km/26 mi, boat trip
You will be cycling through the romantic Danube valley, where the Schlögener Schlinge distinctly stands out. Afterwards, the boat will take you to Devin, where you will arrive at around lunchtime on the following day.
Day 3 Devin-Bratislava, approx. 43 km/27 mi, boat trip
Today’s bike tour features a lot of natural beauty and sights well worth visiting, such as Hof Castle. Or you can choose to explore the Slovakian capital instead. Throughout the night, the boat will take you to Budapest.
Day 4 Szentendre, approx. 54 km/34 mi, Budapest
Today, you can cycle to the lively artist’s town of Szentendre. Or, why not explore the hungarian capital. This will be followed by an overnight boat trip to Szentendre.
Day 5 Szentendre-Esztergom, approx. 43 km/27 mi, boat trip
Today you can choose between different routes. They will take you through famous landmarks such as the Danube’s knee or the King’s palace and basilica. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Vienna.
Day 6 Viena, overnight boat trip to Wachau
Vienna is perfectly suited to be discovered on a bike - but obviously, other options are also available. Followed by an overnight boat trip to the Wachau region.
Day 7 Wachau - Melk, approx. 39 km/24 mi, boat trip
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region and the magnificint Melk monastery are all stops along today’s tour. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Passau.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Your cycle tour Passau - Budapest by boat and bike comes to an end. Around 11 am we will be arriving in Passau where this tour concludes.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Vivienne:
Included in "Passau - Budapest by boat and bike":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 7 x dinner,three-course melas
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- daily midnight snack
- captain’s reception
- welcome cocktail
- gala dinner
- farewell cocktail
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional Guided Cycling Package
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 15 sqm (161 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- suites: Junior approx. 22 sqm (237 sq ft), Master approx. 30 sqm (323 sq ft)
- mostly movable ground-level beds
- superior cabins and suites with french balcony
- comfort and standard cabins with non opening windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21/24-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Guided Cycling Package:
- This package can be booked in addition for anyone who likes guided tours:
cider and wine tasting
Vienna city bike tour
Budapest with the Hop-On/Hop-Off Bus
- Dates for the "Guided Cycling Package":
28.05. + 18.06. + 16.07. + 06.08. + 03.09. + 24.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 10, maximum number of participants: 18
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on sundays
- Minimum number of participants: 90. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 4 weeks prior to its commencement.
All prices are per person.
|april / october :|
|Junior Suite||1799 EUR|
|Master Suite||1999 EUR|
|may / august:|
|Junior Suite||1899 EUR|
|Master Suite||2099 EUR|
|june / july /september:|
|Junior Suite||1999 EUR|
|Master Suite||2199 EUR|
|child 0-2,9 years|
child 3-11,9 years
in a junior suite with
min. 2 adult
child 3-11,9 years
|- 10 %|
|Guided Cycling Package||299 EUR|
|rental bike||90 EUR|
|personal bike||30 EUR|
|personal e-bike||40 EUR|
|(with detachable battery)|
- booking code "Passau - Budapest by boat and bike":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival "Passau - Budapest by boat and bike":
- Parking in Passau:
- 75 EUR , fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 87 EUR , roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents
Arrival in Passau via train:
From the railway station to the Schiffslände Passau-Lindau it is about 4 kilometres. We recommend you take a taxi.
Price per taxi approx. 15 €
Alternatively by bus no. 3, departure at the bus station (ZOB).
Price per person approx. 2,50 €
Arrival in Munich via train:
Transfer Munich Main St.-Passau one way (1-8 persons): 240 EUR
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 25 EUR
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 200-250 EUR
Transfer Munch-Passau one way (1-8 persons): 260 EUR
You can always take your own bike with you. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded twice a day with many others on and off the ship and damage can not be ruled out. A liability for this can not be assumed. We advise you to book one of the good rental bikes.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.