Danube by boat & bike - short trip
Passau - Vienna aboard MS SE-Manon from EUR 599
The short trip on the Danube by boat & bike is a very laid-back river cruise, on which you cycle through probably the most beautiful corners of the rugged Strudengau and the lovely Wachau, known for apricots and wine. There is enough time to explore the Austrian capital. Highly recommended to commute by bike between Prater, Hofburg, "Steffl" and Mariahilferstraße. This compact tour can wholeheartedly be recommended both to novices and experienced riders.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS SE-Manon.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau, boat trip
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation from 4 pm, from 7 pm departure into Danube Valley.
Day 2 Grein - Melk, approx. 50 km/31 mi, boat trip
The Strudengau was once feared for its currents, now Melk abbey towers over the town. The boat reaches Vienna around midnight.
Day 3 Discovering Vienna, boat trip in to the Wachau
Go shopping on the Mariahilfer Straße, or relax in a wine tavern in Nußdorf. Vienna’s Imperial Palace, Castle Schönbrunn, the Prater and the Danube Island: there is lots to explore.
Day 4 Wachau - Pöchlarn, 42-52 km/26-32 mi, boat trip
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region are all stops along today’s tour. Worth seeing Dürnstein with its ruins and monastery. Night boat trip to Passau.
Day 5 Passau and departure
Around 10:30 am we will be arriving in Passau where the cycle tour and boat trip "Danube by boat & bike - short trip" concludes.
Here are the details on MS SE-Manon:
Included in your package "Danube by boat & bike - short trip":
- 4 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 4 x breakfast
- 3 packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 4 x dinner, three-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- welcome drink
- farewell gala dinner
- goodbye cocktail
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 14 sqm (151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- individually regulated air conditioning
- beds with level access
- upper deck cabins with french balcony
- middle deck cabins with opening panoramic windows
- main deck cabins with non opening windows
- middle and upper deck are connetcted by elevator
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on mondays
02.05. + 01.08.
- Minimum number of participants: 90. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person in a twin cabin.
- 599 EUR main deck
- 699 EUR middle deck
- 799 EUR upper deck
- Main and middle deck:
+ 50% double cabin, single occupancy
- - 20% 2nd person under 13 years
- 40 EUR rental bike
- 80 EUR e-bike
- private bikes without surcharge (limited number)
- booking code "Danube by boat & bike - short trip":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival to "Danube by boat & bike - short trip":
- Parking in Passau:
- 49 EUR, fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 59 EUR, roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents.
Arrival in Passau via train:
The railway station is about 15 minutes from the quay on foot.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 35
Rental car, one way per vehicle: EUR 200-250
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded on and off the ship twice a day with many others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.