By bike and boat with MS Carissima
Passau - Vienna - Bratislava - Budapest from EUR 799
The tour “By bike and boat with MS Carissima” is a very laid-back river cruise, that can be actively enhanced by optional bike tours along the way. A lot of time is set aside for the exploration of three European capitals: Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest. By bike you will be discovering the perhaps most beautiful stretches along the river Danube: the Danube valley, the Wachau region, the Danube wetlands at Devin and the Danube’s knee. Aboard the ship you can book several optional guided tours or excursions. This boat and bike tour along the Danube is perfectly suited for both seasoned cyclists and new enthusiasts. Couples or groups are free to organise their days to suit their needs and interests.
Find information about the new and comfortable cruise ship MS Carissima here.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at approx. 4:00 pm, departure to Engelhartszell at 6 pm.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Aschach, approx. 42 km/26 mi, boat trip
You will be cycling through the romantic Danube valley, where the Schlögener Schlinge distinctly stands out. Afterwards, the boat will take you to Devin, where you will arrive at around lunchtime on the following day.
Day 3 Devin-Bratislava, approx. 43 km/27 mi, boat trip
Today’s bike tour features a lot of natural beauty and sights well worth visiting, such as Hof Castle. Or you can choose to explore the Slovakian capital instead. Throughout the night, the boat will take you to Budapest.
Day 4 Szentendre, approx. 54 km/34 mi, boat trip
Today, you can cycle to the lively artist’s town of Szentendre. Or, why not explore the hungarian capital. This will be followed by an overnight boat trip to Szentendre.
Day 5 Szentendre-Esztergom, approx. 43 km/27 mi, boat trip
Today you can choose between different routes. They will take you through famous landmarks such as the Danube’s knee or the King’s palace and basilica. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Vienna.
Day 6 Vienna, overnight boat trip to Wachau
Vienna is perfectly suited to be discovered on a bike - but obviously, other options are also available. Followed by an overnight boat trip to the Wachau region.
Day 7 Wachau - Melk, approx. 37 km/23 mi, boat trip
The charming wine villages of the Wachau region and the magnificint Melk monastery are all stops along today’s tour. Followed by an overnight boat trip to Passau.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Around 10:00 am we will be arriving in Passau where this tour "By bike and boat with MS Carissima" concludes.
Here are the details on MS Carissima.
Included in "By bike and boat with MS Carissima":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 7 x dinner, three-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- daily midnight snack
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- farewell gala dinner
- crew show
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional Guided Cycling Package
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 14 square metres (151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- individually adjustable air-conditioning
- movable ground-level beds
- windows on middle and upper decks can be opened
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Guided Cycling Package:
- This package can be booked in addition for anyone who likes guided tours:
cider and wine tasting
Vienna city bike tour
Budapest with the Hop-On/Hop-Off Bus
- Dates for the "Guided Cycling Package":
28.05. + 02.07. + 03.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 10, maximum number of participants: 18
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
28.05. + 02.07. + 03.09. + 08.10.
- Minimum number of participants: 90. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 4 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed ECO-standard||EUR 799|
|2-bed standard||EUR 899|
|2-bed comfort ECO||EUR 949|
|2-bed comfort||EUR 1049|
|2-bed superior||EUR 1199|
|2-bed ECO-standard||EUR 849|
|2-bed standard||EUR 949|
|2-bed comfort ECO||EUR 999|
|2-bed comfort||EUR 1099|
|2-bed superior||EUR 1249|
|2-bed ECO-standard||EUR 949|
|2-bed standard||EUR 1049|
|2-bed comfort ECO||EUR 1099|
|2-bed comfort||EUR 1199|
|2-bed superior||EUR 1349|
|2-bed superior cabin|
|child 0-2,9 years|
child 3-12,9 years
in a cabin with 1 adult
|Guided Cycling Package||EUR 255|
|rental bike||EUR 80|
|private bike||EUR 25|
|private e-bike||EUR 35|
- booking code "By bike and boat with MS Carissima":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival to "By bike and boat with MS Carissima":
- Parking in Passau:
- 71 EUR , fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 83 EUR , roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents.
Arrival in Passau via train:
The railway station is about 15 minutes from the quay on foot.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 35
Rental car, one way per vehicle: EUR 200-250
Transfer Munch-Passau one way (1-8 persons): EUR 300
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.